Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Fried Eggs for April Fools

Every year I like to play a food April Fool joke on my son.  This year, I had a difficult time deciding what April Fools food joke to play.  So I called my best friend in New Jersey and consulted her.  My little guy calls her "Aunt Silly" because she to loves to joke around and and have fun too.  (You can check out her foodie blog here.) "Aunt Silly" and I immediately began to reminisce last years joke and the tantrum tears that the "meatloaf cupcakes" brought on...you can read that blog here. 

                                       So we both agreed, NO TEARS THIS YEAR!!

                                                           Photo courtesy of Babble.

Shortly after we spoke, she sent me an email linking to the Babble's Family Kitchen website...I immediately knew it was going to be something very creative and fun.  I was right, Faux Fried Eggs.  My  biggest concern was how I was going to get him to try them since he doesn't like fried eggs but loves yogurt.  So I told him "Aunt Silly" sent the recipe to me just for him (so glad I did not have to tell a mommy lie)...well that is all I had to say, he blew on the eggs and took a bite and just as I suspected he loved it and there were no tears!!

I hope this April Fools joke will bring as much fun to your family as it did to mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment